Hello, Horizon Family! It’s time for the this month’s edition of “Tanya’s Tips. ” I hope by delivering tips and best practices throughout the year, it allows you to make the most of your lunchroom management software.
Here are my tips for the month of July:
- Consult with technology and verify if any network changes were done over the summer. Make sure this includes any changes to usernames/passwords and IP addresses used last year
- Look at potential hardware maintenance on POS units: run Windows update, Scan Disk & Defrag (see district Technology Deptartment for assistance)
- Conduct Meal Price(s) Review for your full-pay and A la carte items to see if there is a need for price increases
- Consult with your Horizon Account Manager regarding addition of any new sites and/or POS lines
- Menu Planning & Nutrient Analysis: update recipes, cycle menus, default feeding figures, etc. for new school year, as needed
- Inventory: update preferred vendors, packaging, etc.
- Accountability: Update site settings to reflect changes in Severe Need, CEP, Provision 2, etc.
- View Essential Guides provided by Horizon Software Knowledge Base.
- MyPaymentsPlus: Work with MyPaymentsPlus Marketing Team to prepare Back to School marketing campaign for parents
- Healthy Vending: Clean vending machines and check and replace filters, if necessary
Stay tuned to our blog for more software tips like this each month!